[rdfweb-dev] XSLTs for FOAF, Spring v1.3.1 and plans for FOAF spec improvements

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Tue Jun 24 16:47:22 UTC 2003

"James Carlyle" <james.carlyle at takepart.com> wrote:
>I think that for publishers should not be constrained by the serialisation
>format of their RDF in XML - if they are, then someone could start to argue
>that FOAF might just as well be a plain XML language.
Agree completely.

>Alternatively, I might be persuaded to modify the output of my RDF to
>NTriples stylesheet to produce Spring format XML.
Any chance you could modify it to handle all of the current
specification, outputting in a (to be defined) canoncial format?

Such a transformation would be extremely useful for quite a few people
- having to go to triples is not always great, especially when the
output is usually another form of XML (e.g. XHTML)...

Regards,

Morten Frederiksen
---
Absence makes the heart go wander.