[rdfweb-dev] XSLTs for FOAF, Spring v1.3.1 and plans for FOAF

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Tue Jun 24 16:50:15 UTC 2003

Ian Davis <iand at internetalchemy.org> wrote:
>There could be a canonical interchange RDF format that is consumable
>by standard XSLT. Perhaps no typed nodes, no attributes other than in
>the rdf or xml namespaces, no collections, no nesting (i.e. one level
>only of rdf:Description - use rdf:resource to link instead)
+1

I've done some of this on internal projects, only generating a subset
of the RDF/XML syntax, but I haven't covered all cases. And it wouldn't
have to be an official syntax, but only something that can be used
internally for non-RDF (model-wise) applications.

In any case, this should be in RDF Core, not FoaF specific, but I'm
wondering if we could come up with a subset of the syntax productions
that would cover everything in the model?

>OMG it's RPV all over again :o
Heh heh, well almost, it's only subsetting, not a different approach.

Regards,

Morten Frederiksen
---
A good friend KEEPS the surplus zucchini.