[rdfweb-dev] Re: XSLTs for FOAF, Spring v1.3.1 and plans for FOAF spec improvements

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Tue Jun 24 19:13:13 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, 24 June 2003 at 19:04, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Ian Davis <iand at internetalchemy.org> was heard to say:
> | There could be a canonical interchange RDF format that is consumable
> | by standard XSLT. Perhaps no typed nodes, no attributes other than in
> | the rdf or xml namespaces, no collections, no nesting (i.e. one level
> | only of rdf:Description - use rdf:resource to link instead)

> My own solution to this problem is RDFTwig[1] which will be the topic
> of my presentation at Extreme Markup Languages[2] this year. I've put
> the code and some examples online. I'll put the full text of the paper
> up as well after the conference.
Nicely done - simple extensions to XSLT. I can see how this would make
parsing FOAF or RSS 1.0 a doddle. I explored some ideas for combining
the expressive power of XPath and XSLT with RDF earlier this year
(http://internetalchemy.org/2003/01/rdfTemplatesDraft1.html). I still
plan to revisit it but want to examine other query languages first.

I wonder, has anyone attempted to implement RDF Query in a named
template?

- Ian <iand at internetalchemy.org>
"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow."