[rdfweb-dev] XSLTs for FOAF, Spring v1.3.1 and plans for FOAF

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Wed Jun 25 14:37:55 UTC 2003

> >OMG it's RPV all over again :o
> Heh heh, well almost, it's only subsetting, not a different approach.

It's a tricky area - seems quite a lot of the XML-ers don't even like the
idea of namespaces. There's some interesting stuff that might be worth
looking at in the context of FOAF coming up over on Sam Ruby's RSS-successor
Wiki [1], and although Norm might slap my wrist for this I reckon it's worth
hoping at least that any new format is interoperable with FOAF on a semantic
level [2].

As a fyi, in IdeaGraph I've been using XSLT to go the other way, to get RDF
from first RSS 2.0 and now OPML (cough!) from blogrolls. FOAF itself is
easy - I'm using Jena ;-). Morten's done some rather sophisticated
stylesheets for these [3], [4], and Sjoerd Visscher [5] has an RSS->RDF one
too. By the time I'd heard of Morten's I'd already hacked a simple OPML->OCS
one myself [6] (have to use this anyway, Morten's are GPL'ed).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/FrontPage
[2] http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/ExtraInterop