[rdfweb-dev] FoaF for web forms, and FoafCheck

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Fri Jun 27 17:20:01 UTC 2003

Ken MacLeod <ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us> wrote:
>  1) FoaF instances can describe more than one foaf:Person.  Using
>     rdf:seeAlso is just a hack (another suggested hack was to use
>     dc:creator as a property of the FoaF instance).
Another approach, which seems to be the Right One(tm), is to state that
the current document has a foaf:topic that is the person being
described.
This is the (primary) approach I've taken with the Topic Finder [1].

>  2) A signed FoaF instance is not enough -- anyone can paste the URI
>     of a signed FoaF instance.
So true.

However, I feel that adoption will be seriously hurt, if the technique
requires installation of a client side tool separate from the browser
(I realize that server side validation is out of the question).

Is there any way this could be done in JavaScript?

[1] http://xml.mfd-consult.dk/foaf/IFP/

Regards,
Morten Frederiksen
---
"Ada is the work of an architect, not a computer scientist."