[rdfweb-dev] FoaF for web forms, and FoafCheck

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Fri Jun 27 19:14:42 UTC 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 20:06, Ken MacLeod wrote:
> > Another approach, which seems to be the Right One(tm), is to state
> > that the current document has a foaf:topic that is the person being
> > described.
> "current document" == FoaF instance?  The suggestion for the FoaF
> instance resource to have dc:creator appears to be similar.
Well, sort of. This will certainly be the case for most of the
single-identity FoaF files out there, but a slightly modified version of your
use case could be an organization that provides individual FoaF files for
each of their member.

> The use-case that demonstrates the problem is where an organization
> hosts the definitive FoaF resources for their members, there is no
> "principle" or "primary" person within the instance.
Agreed, that's a problem which doesn't have a solution, if all you have is
the URI of the document.

> Corollary to that, more abstractly and more importantly, is whether a
> FoaF document instance *should* be an unambiguous URI for an entity,
> like mbox or mbox_sha1sum are.
I don't think it should, for the above reason and for future "aggregated"
sources.

Regards,
Morten