[rdfweb-dev] foaf:weblog and OnlineAccount

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Mon Apr 4 15:18:47 UTC 2005

Hi again,

On Sunday 03 April 2005 17:26, Earle Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:39:13PM +0200, Morten Frederiksen wrote:
> Well, I'd like to say that I have an online account and it is a weblog.
I still don't think you'd really want to confuse the two - they are separate
"resources". If you signed up for a service that offered a weblog, a
homepage, a wiki and a photo album, they'd all be distinct from each other.

> An
> online account can be many things, and one of those is a weblog, so it
> seems natural to be to be able to combine the two in some fashion. I guess
> more explicit modelling is needed.
Agreed, I think you might want to have some subproperty of e.g. dc:related to
relate the weblog to the account. If an online account could be said to be an
agent (debatable), you could even use foaf:weblog...

> I could have been clearer there. I meant firstly that foaf:wiki would be
> good for people with their own personal wikis, as you say, or to describe a
> foaf:currentProject or foaf:workInfoHomepage or any other website. Secondly
> I meant that I'd like to be able to say that I have an online account on a
> thing that is a wiki (and is a project, or whatever).
I can see an online account *service* being a wiki (with a homepage?), but not
the online account itself - I think it's possible to describe a project, its
wiki and online accounts on that wiki with existing foaf (and perhaps doap)
properties, but I'm not sure...

Regards,
Morten