[rdfweb-dev] Names In FOAF

Bob Aman vacindak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:15:53 UTC 2005

> Why not just drop everything? :-)
>
> How long does this project need to flounder before someone puts a gun to it's
> head?
>
> I've been watching for nearly two years now and what progress has been made?
>
> Sorry to be neg but there are some brilliant minds on this list and those brain
> cycles should be focused on something which has traction.
>
> Please shoot me down if I'm wrong but sometimes these things just need saying.
>
> J.

Because I happen to actually have a good use for it.  Just because
it's floundering almost everywhere doesn't mean it's universally
useless.

As for the name suggestion, I like it, it's a much better fit for what
I wanted to do.  I often have to deal with asian names, and I'm never
quite sure how to enter them.  Especially when someone asks to be
called by the most "pronouncible" portion of their name.  I have a
friend who uses his middle name as his "familiarname" because no one
can pronounce either his "surname" or his "givenname".
--
Bob Aman