[rdfweb-dev] open, collaborative, people encyclopedia

Hendy Irawan gauldong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 22:35:58 UTC 2005

On Apr 9, 2005 5:15 AM, Adam Atlas <adam at atommic.com> wrote:
> A while ago, I was thinking of starting "Vanitypedia" -- like
> Wikipedia, except it would be specifically for "vanity pages," i.e.
> people talking about their non-notable selves, relatives, and
> acquaintances. Basically as a joke site. I guess it turns out there are
> some actual uses for something like this... it could be like those
> social networking sites, but more flexible and collaborative.

Very nice... I'm very interested. Would you mind sharing? (a URL or
something...)

> I say "good thing," but there might be privacy/liability issues if
> people can post detailed information about other people.
That's the whole point! ;-) messing around with people's privacy...
*hehehe* (I'm evil)
But really, is it illegal? How many people are hating (i.e. saying bad
things about) other people on their blogs? Maybe not as many as the
'loving ones', but I certainly notice that almost everyday.

I guess for this, the system would provide at least two options for
each piece of information: public (publicly accessible) & private
(personal notes only). And every piece of information should be
logged, at least using IP/port/time, and if possible under username.
Not perfect, but the least we can do. (e.g. someone could plea a user
to remove a disturbing piece of information)

Any more thoughts?

--
Hendy Irawan
http://www.gauldong.net