[rdfweb-dev] Contact management software

Hendy Irawan gauldong at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:35:53 UTC 2005

This is a weird question, but your answer is highly appreciated (it
can go straightly to me if you don't want to clutter the mailing list)

What software do you use for contact management (address book)?
(If you use an online contact management service, please also mention it)
(If you use a web-based application as opposed to native/GUI
application, please also mention it)

Background:

I currently am using handmade Access database to handle all things
from stories to underwear sizes to photos. It's good, but developing a
UI for that is not very interesting. I tried importing these into
Outlook 2003. But after 3000 contacts, Outlook Today starts *REALLY*
slow (perhaps around half a minute) just for displaying the birthdates
(yes, nearly all my contacts have birthdates). I guess Outlook was
never meant for large amounts of data (i.e. it continually asks you to
archive your data, doesn't it?)

So I'm looking for alternatives (preferably open source). Mozilla's
Sunbird is a great project, but only for calendars.

Any responses would be highly appreciated... :-)

--
Hendy Irawan
http://www.gauldong.net