[foaf-dev] foaf resources do not return correct representations

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Wed May 23 18:20:40 BST 2007

OK, here's what we have now:

	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteCond  %{HTTP_ACCEPT} .*application/rdf\+xml.*
	RewriteRule (.*) index.rdf

This gives you RDF somewhat indiscriminately, if you ask for it.

If you ask for something bogus, eg. /foaf/0.1/xyz you'll get the generic
RDF namespace description currently. If you ask for a real property or
class name, you'll get redirected to /foaf/0.1/ via the 303 redirect
suggested by the TAG. When I get the .htaccess generated from specgen.py
I'll fix it so we have 404s for bogus URIs too. Asking for
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/xyz in an HTML-preferring browser gets a 404.

	FlipFlip:~ danbri$ curl --silent -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ | rapper - file:. --count

	rapper: Parsing URI (null) with base URI file:.
	rapper: Parsing returned 563 triples

That seems healthier. Does this fix things for the linked data apps? can
anyone check the Protege situation?

cheers,

Dan