[foaf-dev] Fwd: [expertfinder-dev] provisional attributes/elements

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 02:29:14 GMT 2008

HI Axel

thanks a lot for link to paper (which I had seen before, just not
extracted knowledge from it)I am still reading through all the papers,
and I'll try to  incorporate as much as feasible into this version.

It looks like we are modelling different realities...or at least we
are viewing reality from different angles - which is useful if we
manage to find a way of working together

I think we may borrow elements from vcard to put in the schema, but
would not want to expect all users to have a vcard uri stored
elsewhere

 this would mean our schema would be compatible with vcard, but not depend on it

i ll check out the other pointers, and adapt them as I can

at this stage my emphasis is defining a core element set for
expertise, and working out which would be the best (most generalized)
syntax for values

not all existing vocabularies available match the x element set (also
because we have not defined that yet)  nor optimally refined or
formatted imho, but obviously where possible what is there should be
reused

I have a few quibbles on the validity of some arguments in the papers,
 for example about foaf being referred to as an ontology,  but I dont
think its worth our time discussing them, I am trying to concentrate
on the task at hand

Let us know if there is anything else you can think of
cheers
PDM

School of IT
www.mfu.ac.th