[foaf-dev] Foaf/doc

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Mon Mar 17 11:39:53 GMT 2008

On 17 Mar 2008, at 11:14, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:

> Hi everyone !
>
> Just discovered through google http://xmlns.com/foaf/doc/. What is
> the aim of thoses texts, what are their status, why aren't them
> referenced in http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.rdf (a seeAlso ?).
>
> Thanks !

Hi Olivier,

Those are the fragments from which the FOAF spec is built. They're all
in Subversion, and consequently show on the Web site, even though
they're not publicised.

I have wondered instead about managing that text within an RDF file,
perhaps index.rdf or another. One idea behind keeping them separate
was that perhaps it could make translations easier, and show the
history of each definition more clearly in CVS/SVN than one big file.

Thoughts? Should we include these texts in the RDF somehow too?

cheers

Dan