[foaf-dev] Re: SPARQL + XMPP

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Thu Mar 27 22:14:11 GMT 2008

On 27 Mar 2008, at 20:20, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Dan Brickley wrote:
>>
>> Interesting discussion relating to recent foaf/oauth/privacy
>> threads -
>> fwd'd from new Social XMPP list, see
>> http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/social for signup info...
>
> Sure, join up. Lots of interesting folks on that list.

For me at least, I'm already on there :) I should send an intro...
Looks like a fun list shaping up.

>> Peter - folk here have some interest in OAuth esp without having the
>> HTML step in the loop, ... and also with SPARQL over XMPP (for
>> which I
>> think a new list is desrved...)
>
> I'm always happy to set up a new list. :) sparql at xmpp.org anyone? Or
> we
> could discuss on the social at xmpp.org list for a bit.

Well xmpp.org would be a very natural home for a sparql xmpp binding
list, thanks! Since it has a fairly specific technical scope (binding
SPARQL query language and protocol into XMPP universe) I reckon you
could just go on and create it. The social@ list sounds great for folk
sharing app-level use cases and grounding technical stuff in real
world apps. But no rush re the xmpp list, we could have a thread or
two on social@ first if you prefer... I'll dig out some pointers for
an intro msg...

cheers

Dan