[gnome-bluetooth] phonemgr - sending message leaves t610 unable to send anymore.

garrick at intology.com.au garrick at intology.com.au
Fri Aug 8 15:50:39 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 13:22, garrick at intology.com.au wrote:
> Yeah baby YEAH!!!
> I've figured out what the problem is. Basically phonemgr is connecting
> to the wrong channel. I setup phonemgr to talk to a rfcomm device that I
> previouly bound.
> i.e. rfcomm bind /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/1 00:0A:D9:55:93:0B 4
> I then set phonemgr to use other for it's device type. I set this to
> /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/1. It then worked, allowing me to send and recieve
> sms messages perfectly.
> I'll look more closely into this problem. If I can't find a solution at
> least it'll give someone like Ed, an idea of what the problem I'm having
> with the T610 is caused by.
It turns out that it's not the channel. I get the same behaviour using
the serial port. Here's what rfcomm thinks the difference between the
two is.
The top is setup by phonemgr but doesn't work. From what I can tell it
appears that the dial networking port will work exactly the same as the
serial port. So my best guess now is that it's one of the options that
is being used when binding the rfcomm device. I'm for the weekend so
probably won't have anything to add until after I come back. Also if
anyone else there owns a T610, if they don't have the problem that I
currently seem to have could you please tell me.

rfcomm1: 00:80:C8:50:98:7F -> 00:0A:D9:55:93:0B channel 4 connected
[reuse-dlc release-on-hup tty-attached]
This rfcomm was setup manually and works.
rfcomm1: 00:0A:D9:55:93:0B channel 4 connected [tty-attached]

--
Garrick Welsh

   Remember Knuth: "premature optimization is the root of all evil."