[gnome-bluetooth] newbie help

Ed Rayne er241 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 17:39:50 BST 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:40:41AM +0200, Marius Berntsberg wrote:
> try typing bluetooth:/// in Location in nautilus window.
>
> if you get a error saying something about not a valid location, try to
> locate your vfs-module and put it in the right folder,
> /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules on my debian box.
> The module name is bluetooth-module.conf.
> (first time i compiled i found this file in
> /usr/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules)
> or recompile with ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc (if gnome-vfs-2.0 is in
> /etc.)

Okay, I tried this and now as soon as I get as far as typing the colon
Nautilus crashes and burns.

> you can also try using gnome-obex-send command to send to the device.

OBEX send seems to work fine, thanks. Also the OpenOBEX test program can
pull files from the phone fine.

> to recive files from device to your computer you have to execute
> gnome-obex-server, on my box i have a menuithem under the gnome-menu in
> applications/system tools named Bluetooth File sharing that starts this
> server. files transfered from device to computer vil end up in the home
> folder of the user running the server.

When I try to connect my phone says no paired devices found despite
being happily paired to the computer. I have a T68i.

Thanks very much for the help, though.

Ed