[gnome-bluetooth] Phonemgr problem - Can't read SMS

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Sat Aug 16 18:42:08 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 23:05, Sascha Schwabbauer wrote:
> Hey list,
> I just installed gnome-bluetooth and phonemgr and sending SMS over
> phonemgr works just fine. But when I receive a SMS phonemgr does
> nothing. It just doesnt show that I got a SMS. I installed all
> dependencies and patched gsmlib.
>
> I can also send files to the cell via gnome. So everything works but
> receiving. It's a Nokia 7650 phone.

I've asked a friend with a 7650 to check this out.  To test whether it's
my software at fault you should check whether the gsmlib utils work for
you, see http://www.pxh.de/fs/gsmlib/ -- gsmsmsd in particular.

If the gsmsmsd works, then it's a problem I've made.  If it doesn't you
should report the problem to the gsmlib folk, as I use their libraries.

-- Edd