[gnome-bluetooth] Sony Ericsson P800 and Phone Manager

Stian Jordet liste at jordet.nu
Mon Aug 18 17:56:01 BST 2003

man, 18.08.2003 kl. 10.50 skrev Edd Dumbill:
> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 02:39, Stian Jordet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know that you, Edd, has a P800. It doesn't work with Phone Manager,
> > right?
>
> Correct.  Ericsson have disabled the extended AT commands for SMS on the
> P800.  Seems a dumb design choice to me, but apparently is down to the
> way the various parts of the phone are sandboxed.

Ehh, and you don't have any interest in trying to make something that
works? :) (Since I know you have the skills). I found "Desktop Message
P800" for Windows, which seemed like a very nice application. I would
kill for something like that...

You don't know about any efforts to take backups of the P800 on Linux?

> > Other than that, I really, really like you Gnome Bluetooth stuff. Just
> > perfect :) Very good work.
>
> Thanks :)  I hope to get more time to spend on this real soon now.

Great, looking forward to it :)

Sorry for all the questions, btw.

Best regards,
Stian