[gnome-bluetooth] Major changes into CVS

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Sat Nov 1 16:44:15 GMT 2003

Hi Edd,

> I asked on the bluez-users list, and Marcel sent some code to do HCI
> inquiries asynchronously.  I'm going to take a look at this today, and
> hopefully I can integrate it with the glib event loop and eliminate
> threads.  This should mean a more responsive user experience.

it works perfect with the glib event loop. I've done this over a year
ago the first time, but I lost that code. With one of the latest Linux
kernels you can also cancel a running inquiry. But don't forget that
every device has a inquiry flag and you can only run one inquiry at the
same time on the same device.

Regards

Marcel