[gnome-bluetooth] phonemgr bluetooth problems

ed at catmur.co.uk ed at catmur.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 23:19:48 GMT 2003

I managed to install phonemgr 0.2.1 using Alastair Tse's ebuild and
patch.

When I use the Bluetooth connection it detects my phone (a Nokia 7650)
but displays 'Phone Manager is unable to connect to your phone'; if I
try to send a text message it segfaults. However, rfcomm list displays:

capella root # rfcomm list
rfcomm0: 00:08:1B:00:99:F2 -> 00:02:EE:67:F4:A8 channel 1 connected
[reuse-dlc release-on-hup tty-attached]

and if I then point the applet at /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0 it works half
way (I can send messages but I don't get notified when they arrive)

I can also get the same effect when I bind /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0 to my
phone using "rfcomm bind 0 <btaddr>" and point the applet to
/dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0.

I have write permissions on /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm and on each node
therein. I am using a 2.4.20 kernel with some Gentoo patches.

Many thanks!