[gnome-bluetooth] phonemgr bluetooth problems

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Mon Nov 3 07:11:19 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 23:19, ed at catmur.co.uk wrote:
> I managed to install phonemgr 0.2.1 using Alastair Tse's ebuild and
> patch.
>
> When I use the Bluetooth connection it detects my phone (a Nokia 7650)
> but displays 'Phone Manager is unable to connect to your phone'; if I
> try to send a text message it segfaults. However, rfcomm list displays:
>
> capella root # rfcomm list
> rfcomm0: 00:08:1B:00:99:F2 -> 00:02:EE:67:F4:A8 channel 1 connected
> [reuse-dlc release-on-hup tty-attached]
>
> and if I then point the applet at /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0 it works half
> way (I can send messages but I don't get notified when they arrive)

The sending-but-not-receiving is a known issue with 7650s,
unfortunately.  I raised it on the gsmlib mailing list but with no real
response.  You might want to try raising it there yourself.

I'm a bit mystified about the other behaviour, however the changes I'm
making to gnome-bluetooth right now will necessitate a reasonably
comprehensive rewrite for phonemgr so I'm trying to limit the time I
spend chasing bugs in the current version.

-- Edd