[gnome-bluetooth] don't barf when there's no HCI device

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Nov 11 12:48:48 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 18:00, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 17:30, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Again,
> >
> > Here's a patch to get gnome-bluetooth-manager going even if there's no
> > HCI device in the machine. We should probably clear the icon list in
> > that case, or warn the user that there's no Bluetooth device in the
> > machine.
>
> I opt for a warning dialog when they run the application.  They could
> have just forgotten to plug their dongle in.

Committed that now:
http://people.redhat.com/bnocera/gnome-bluetooth-no-adapter.png

> Interesting thought: what happens if you rip the dongle out halfway
> through? :)

Try it out yourself, I actually do work on that machine ;)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
Her voice had that tense, grating quality, like a first-generation
thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.