[gnome-bluetooth] don't barf when there's no HCI device

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Nov 11 20:16:58 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 12:50, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Forgot to ask a couple of questions...
>
> Could you please tell us what you actually want in the properties dialog
> for each device? What type of devices would we have to handle?

For all devices we need to support the display of its bdaddr and human
friendly device class.

 * a user-defined alias which overrides that provided by the device
itself for a name -- I just added support for this in the controller
class

 * an "ask before allowing to connect" pref -- something that, say, the
OBEX receiver and other apps will respect.  I plan to implement this in
GnomebtController soon.

 * I was toying with the idea of allowing a custom icon, like in
printman.  if so, that would be another thing to put here.

For other devices there may well be device-class dependent tabs we can
put in the properties dialog in the future, so I suggest we set it up as
a tabbed dialog.

-- Edd