properties (was Re: [gnome-bluetooth] don't barf when there's no HCI device)

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Nov 12 18:00:56 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 20:16, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 12:50, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Forgot to ask a couple of questions...
> >
> > Could you please tell us what you actually want in the properties dialog
> > for each device? What type of devices would we have to handle?
>
> For all devices we need to support the display of its bdaddr and human
> friendly device class.
>
>  * a user-defined alias which overrides that provided by the device
> itself for a name -- I just added support for this in the controller
> class

I have the very starts of a properties window. It's pretty close to what
the Nautilus properties look like:
http://people.redhat.com/bnocera/gnome-bluetooth-props-1.png

>  * an "ask before allowing to connect" pref -- something that, say, the
> OBEX receiver and other apps will respect.  I plan to implement this in
> GnomebtController soon.
>
>  * I was toying with the idea of allowing a custom icon, like in
> printman.  if so, that would be another thing to put here.
>
> For other devices there may well be device-class dependent tabs we can
> put in the properties dialog in the future, so I suggest we set it up as
> a tabbed dialog.

This is just the very start of the thing. I also added some misc.
cleanups (build). I hope to have a props window that actually does
something by the end of the week (as always, depends on the amount of
other work ;)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lo vers raced across the
grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left
York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55 mph, the other from Peterborough at
4:19p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.