[gnome-bluetooth] Problems Installing

Mathew Joseph mathewj at aptech.ac.in
Thu Nov 20 06:57:22 GMT 2003

Hi there,
  I am trying to install the gnome-bluetooth package and am running into
bewildering errors.
  i use Suse 8.2 with the KDE desktop..
  i have installed the libbtctl package and its fine.. no problem while
./configure, make and make install.
  however when i try to run ./configure on gnome-bluetooth it gives me some
weird error which i cant correct..

**************************
checking for ORBit - version >= 2.3.0... Package linc was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Package linc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `linc.pc'
Package 'linc', required by 'ORBit-2.0', not found
no
*** Could not run ORBIT test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means ORBIT was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved ORBit since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the orbit2-config script: /usr/bin/orbit2-config
./configure: line 10494: ORBit-2.0: command not found
checking for orbit-idl-2... /usr/bin/orbit-idl-2
./configure: line 1: gconftool-2: command not found
Using config source  for schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas/ as install directory for schema files
checking for gob2... no
configure: error: Cannot find GOB-2, install from
http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html

can u help me out.
regards,
Mathew