[gnome-bluetooth] Can't get instance of BT Manager

Kevin James rincewind at kjames.net
Wed Nov 26 21:44:18 GMT 2003

Finally got this working!

Looking at the command line parameters for bonobo-activation-server I
saw that one of them tells it where to look for .server files - doing a
"find" for .server files I found that all my .server files were in
/opt/gnome2/lib/bonobo/servers *except* for
GNOME_Bluetooth_Manager.server, which was in
/usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers.  Copying it to the gnome2.... directory
and restarting bonobo-activation-server did the trick.

Is this because I missed out some parameter to ./configure for
gnome-bluetooth?

Cheers,
KEv.