[gnome-bluetooth] phonemgr installation troubles

Simeon Walker simeon at sbs.bangor.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 12:37:17 BST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 17:40, Alastair Tse wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 19:27, Tonni Aagesen wrote:
> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> > `/usr/local/share/idl/GNOME_Bluetooth_Manager.idl', needed by
> > `GNOME_Bluetooth_Manager-common.c'.  Stop.
>
> It is looking in the wrong directory for the
> GNOME_Bluetooth_Manager.idl, due ./configure being told that the prefix
> is /usr/local rather than /usr.
>
> > I'm using Gentoo if its of any importance.
>
> I have an experimental ebuild for it if you like to use it instead of
> building it to install in /usr/local.
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~liquidx/files/phonemgr-0.2.1.ebuild
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
Hi,

I'm new to gnome and bluetooth, I found phonemgr a couple of days ago
and could not get it to compile so thanks for the ebuild and the patch!

I made a slightly modified ebuild that applies the patch. It applies and
compiles fine. It the moment the applet says that it is unable to
connect to my phone, though it looks like it's configured ok. This may
have something to do with the odd problems I have with my USB dongle
under kernel 2.6.

Well, the revised ebuild is attached.

Regards,
Simeon