[gnome-bluetooth] Can't get instance of BT Manager

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Sep 25 23:10:31 BST 2003

It's part of gnome-bluetooth.  I take it you run GNOME as your desktop?
The error means that the client program can't, for whatever reason,
activate the gnome-bluetooth-control Bonobo server.

To check it works, run gnome-bluetooth-control in a terminal window and
then start the client program (either the admin tool or the obex
server).  If it still doesn't work then, send whatever gets printed to
the terminal from these programs.