[gnome-bluetooth] What stuff in gnome-bluetooth does,
and ideas for its future
edd at usefulinc.com
Fri Sep 26 18:20:23 BST 2003
On request of Bastien. May as well share this with the rest of the
- daemon that listens for OBEX PUSH requests and receives the files.
future: could support OBEX FTP and offer file-sharing via Bluetooth
on a directory the user chooses.
- a GUIified OBEX PUSH client.
- the new admin tool, early stage.
future: will allow exploration of remote Bluetooth devices and their
capabilities. Its closest analog in GNOME already is the printman
- this should die and be replaced by python/gnome-bluetooth-admin
- see my mail about Bonobo-ectomy. This could well disappear if we
stop using Bonobo
- this makes a "Send via Bluetooth" context menu option appear in
- this includes the DEPRECATED gnome-vfs hack that enabled drah'n'drop
onto OBEX PUSH in Nautilus. This should be replaced instead by an OBEX
FTP client, that enables true exploration of remote Bluetooth devices
that support OBEX FTP.
- we need a simple prefs application, to go in the control-center,
which should control:
* whether the gnome-obex-server runs or not, and its filesharing
* which local device to favour, in the case that the user has more
than one bluetooth dongle
More information about the gnome-bluetooth