[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-obex-server won't receive files.

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Sat Apr 3 21:25:24 BST 2004

I have the latest versions of the packages running on debian sarge, and
a Clie UX50. Everything else works great - internet, hotsyncing, and
_sending_ to the palm via OBEX. But I cannot _receive_ from the palm via
OBEX.

When I start the gnome-obex-server, I get no errors. I see the taskbar
icon. Everything looks good. When I try to send a file from the palm to
the computer, I can locate the computer, and then the transfer always
fails. Naturally, it being palm, I get no hint as to why on that end.

I can find no debug option for the server. This is the only message that
appears in the log, and it appears for every attempt:

Apr  3 14:29:40 tangent hcid[10688]: link_key_request
(sba=00:0A:3A:50:29:AD, dba=00:60:57:C1:3D:87)

I've experimented with turning off authentication and encryption,
running the obex server as root, and sending half a dozen different
kinds of data, removing and re-adding the computer from the palm's
trusted hosts list, but I always get the same result.

I've been googling for an hour - it seems clear others have this working
fine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about what to try next?

Regards,
David