[gnome-bluetooth] Bug report / Comments

Alastair Tse liquidx at gentoo.org
Mon Apr 19 15:47:28 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 14:19, Ilari Kontinen wrote:

> My Linux distribution is Slackware 9.1 with Dropline Gnome 2.6.
> I am using bluez-utils-2.6, bluez-lib-2.6 and bluez-sdp-1.5.
>
> The errors are weird, because last time the only differences were, that
> I had Dropline Gnome 2.4 and versions 2.5 of bluez-utils and -libs. If
> someone knows, why gnome-bluetooth was not able to find libsdp, please
> tell me.

Since bluez-lib-2.6 and bluez-utils-2.6, bluez-sdp has been deprecated .
So firstly, you don't need bluez-sdp any more. Secondly, the test fails
because all the sdp functions seem to have migrated into libbluetooth
(-lbluetooth) rather than libsdp (-lsdp) which the configure file checks
for. (Even though libsdp.so* still exists, it is just a dummy library
with no functions/symbols exported.)

Basically, the workaround would be to change in bluez-sdp.m4:

SDP_LIBS="$SDP_LIBS -lsdp"

SDP_LIBS="$SDP_LIBS -lbluetooth -lsdp"

and then run autoconf/automake.

Cheers,