[gnome-bluetooth] Gnome-Bluetooth installation problem...

Anthony Yulo strikewing16th at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 16:18:39 BST 2004

Where do i set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable?

I got the source libbtctl and gnome-bluetooth...

when i installed libbtctl, (./configure, make install) there were no
problems..

when i issue "./configure" on gnome-bluetooth, error message appears:

************************ ERROR MESSAGE **************************
Package libbtctl was not found in the
pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libbtctl.pc'
No package 'libbtctl' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libglade-2.0 gobject-2.0
libgnomeui-2.0
>= 1.110.0 libbonobo-2.0 bonobo-activation-2.0 gconf-2.0 libbtctl) not met;
>consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
>libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

i thinkg i have the required libraries already as i have searched for these
libraries and found it in my computer.. now libbtctl is supposed to be
installed since i just installed it successfully...

so how and what file do i set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable?