[gnome-bluetooth] File size limit and nokia 6230

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Fri Aug 13 09:04:57 BST 2004

Edd Dumbill wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 14:01 +0100, Raphael Clifford wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I am trying to send a file to my Nokia 6230 phone using gnome-bluetooth.
>>Everything works well except that it seems to only send it to the
>>phone's main memory. The problem is that I have a 256MB flash mmc card
>>in the phone and the phone's memory is only 8.8MB.  Is there any way to
>>send a file directly to the memory card or do I have to split up
>>everything so that it can fit in 8.8MB before then saving it to flash
>>memory.
>>

>If there is a way to address where a beamed item goes, it's in your
>phone settings.  My experience with my P800 suggests there's no way
>around this.
>
>-- Edd

Hi,

Some research has shown that in Windows using pcsuite you can in fact
see the different menus and locations on the phone from the PC and a
simple drag and drop to the "Memory Card" icon solves the problem.  No
adjustment is needed on the phone to achieve this.  Also there is a tool
called obexftp/obextool for linux that has just implemented this
functionality for the Nokia 6230 apparently but is seriously bleeding
edge (i,e. you have to patch and pray).  Adding this functionality to
gnome-bluetooth would be really really useful IMHO.

Cheers,
Raphael