[gnome-bluetooth] Re: Bluetooth mobile phones supported by GNOME and Debian GNU/Linux? (Added note)

Ivo Marino eim at mentors.debian.net
Sat Aug 28 10:50:19 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 15:19, Matt Kay wrote:

> Consider the Sony Ericsson mid-range phones, like the T610 and Z600 (and
> probably the new K-series). gnome-bluetooth and synchronisation with
> multisync work perfectly. I have a P900 which works perfectly with
> gnome-bluetooth, but I have not been able to get multisync to work,
> although I should probably give edd's syncML howto another go at some
> point.

I just bought a Nokia 6650 on eBay at an interesting price.

> AFAIK, the Nokia bluetooth phones should also work fine sending and
> receiving files over bluetooth.

I have tested another Nokia, the 3650, with my iBook, Bluetooth USB
stick and gnome-bluetooth: File transfer works fine.

I have not yet tested syncML and multisync does not seem to support
Nokia mobile phones.

> Note that if your iBook is a G3 then you will need to buy an external
> bluetooth module. The D-Link DBT-120 works for me on an iBook running
> Debian.

Yes, that's what I did. I thought the G3 has built in bluetooth support
but unfortunately this feature is only available on PowerBook machines.

> Hope that helps,
> Matt (on-list)

Thanks for feedback,

 I.