[gnome-bluetooth] bluetooth applet for gnome

Fredrik Noring noring at nocrew.org
Thu Feb 5 15:35:25 GMT 2004

Hi Domenico

tor 2004-02-05 klockan 16.03 skrev Domenico Fiori:
> Hi all, I subscribed a few days ago to this ml, and I'm writing a
> gnome2 applet that controls and/or configures bluetooth devices.
> Is this a good idea  or is there another application that does
> the same thing?

I'm working on a similar project: http://noring.nocrew.org/bluetooth/

When finished, this Gnome utility should at least be able to:

   - Configure hci interfaces (enable/disable/set name etc.)
   - Enable/disable discovery and pairing
   - List/delete link (pairing) keys

However, I've come to the conclusion that to make a proper utility with
settings that work across reboots, hcid and other system services need
to be updated. So that's what I'm currently working on.

On the page mentioned above, there are patches for communicating with
hcid using DBus. Perhaps you find this useful?

Fredrik