[gnome-bluetooth] Documentation

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Jan 12 17:21:17 GMT 2004

Edd,

> The next release should get around some of the problems with
> various directory dependencies, as we do away with the Bonobo server
> for the controller.  I also hope we'll be able to ship RPMs as part of
> the release.  I think there are one or two Fedora Core/RedHat using people
> on this list who would do that for us.

I have to admit I gave up trying to compile from the tgz and install in
/usr/local and grabbed the RawHide source RPMs and compiled those up.
Works for libbtctl and gnome-bluetooth.  gnome-bluetooth-admin seems to
work as expected but gnome-obex-server seems to have a problem.

|> gnome-obex-server
OBEX Object Push service registered
Server register error! (Bluetooth) (-94)

Not entirely sure why this is.

As far as I can discover no-one has yet done an RPM for phonemgr.  I
can't volunteer to try this just now as we have some serious deadlines
within the next 8 weeks.

Also my real problem is that I need to connect Evolution to my P900 over
bluetooth so I can sync my contacts and diary.  Multisync is not however
playing fair :-(

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder         +44 20 7585 2200
London SW11 1EN, UK      russel at russel.org.uk