[gnome-bluetooth] Cannot receive SMS and timeouts

Myles Grant myles at mylesgrant.com
Fri Jul 2 06:15:14 BST 2004

Finally got this software working under Gentoo, with a Nokia 3650, and a
Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter.  Using the software, I can send SMSs just
fine, but I cannot receive them.  Here's the output from
gnome-phone-manager:

conn_complete:        status 0x00
Browsing 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 ...
Service Name: Dial-up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x10009
Protocol Descriptor List:
~  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
~  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
~    Channel: 1
Service Class ID List:
~  "Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
~  "Generic Networking" (0x1201)
** Message: device 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 (Dialup Networking) port 1

** Message: device 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 (Generic Networking) port 1

Browsing 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 ...
Service Name: Dial-up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x10009
Protocol Descriptor List:
~  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
~  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
~    Channel: 1
Service Class ID List:
~  "Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
~  "Generic Networking" (0x1201)
** Message: device 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 (Dialup Networking) port 1

** Message: device 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 (Generic Networking) port 1

** Message: rfcomm attempting to connect 00:60:57:3C:CD:48 chan 1, got 0
** Message: New connection device is /dev/rfcomm0
** Message: Connecting...
** Message: Status 1
** Message: Making serial port connection
** Message: Status 2
** Message: Serial port connected
** Message: Connected to device on /dev/rfcomm0
** Message: Exiting connect thread
*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
** Message: Queued message to 480xxxxxxx
** Message: Sending message to '480xxxxxxx'
** Message: Message sent to '480xxxxxxx'
** Message: Queued message to 4802359632
** Message: Sending message to '4802359632'
** Message: Message sent to '4802359632'
[ERROR]: writing to TA (errno: 5/Input/output error)
** Message: Status 4
** Message: Connected error occurred.

As you can see, the software successfully connects to my 3650.  At this
point, the bluetooth icon on the phone indicates that it is connected as
well.  You can then see me sending an SMS to a friend of mine.  Which he
received.  He then sent me an SMS back, which I received on my phone,
but nothing happened in the application or the log.  Then, I sent an SMS
to myself, which I also received on the phone but not in application.
During the entire time, the bluetooth icon on the phone indicates a
connection.

Finally, several minutes later, I receive the connection error, and the
phone indicates it has no connection as well.  This happens every time,
and I don't move the phone or computer.  I haven't timed it to see if
it's always the same amount of time.  I can get it to reconnect by going
to Preferences->Connection, and hitting Apply.

I'm running Gnome Phone Manager 0.4, using the latest Gentoo ebuilds.
I'm running kernel version 2.6.7-mm2, with udev.
'rfcomm[0-9]*:root:tty:0666' is in my
/etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Myles