[gnome-bluetooth] ME/TA error

ml ml at brainwashers.org
Fri Jul 30 22:55:59 BST 2004

I saw a lot of ME/TA error talking here. And no explanation why this
happens.

While experimenting with my v525 I noticed that ME/TA error I
accidentally got this few times.

Example

Motorola v525 needs this string when sending SMS
AT+CNMI=3,1,0,0,0
While gsmlib makes discovery of valid parameters for AT+CNMI=? which
results
as 0,0,0,0,0 on Motorola. But trying to send message after that (with
discovered parameters) results in ME/TA error or timeout. Phones do not
support same sets of AT commands, and trying standard discovery mostly
ends in ME/TA error on non-standard cell phones (btw. there's no such
thing as standard cell phone, there's just preferred provider and that's
it).

gsmlib does a lot of discovery and that's probably the reason why often
doesn't work as expected. Solution for v525 would be static AT strings
in this case, I even listed them in my previous message.

Regards