[gnome-bluetooth] Re: gnome-bluetooth 0.5 & libbtctl 0.4 development releases

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Jun 10 21:43:05 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 22:37 +0200, Fredrik Noring wrote:
> Edd,
>
> Excellent work on the Gnome Bluetooth release!
>
> Quote from http://usefulinc.com/software/gnome-bluetooth/ToDo:
> > Make OBEX sender do a name lookup on the device it receives a
> > connection from: for this, it really ought to have one btctl object
> > that lasts its lifetime, rather than creating them as and when.
>
> My proposed hcid implementation maintains a device name service. Do
> you think it would be a good idea to integrate this with that?

GnomebtController maintains one too, in GConf.  I think what I should do
is continue to use the API I've created, and when your patches to hcid
become part of the official BlueZ release, I can rework the
implementation of the API to call them, rather than my own code.  That
way I can take advantage of the functionality without complicating the
API.

Unfortunately I can't really code against your patches to BlueZ until
they are integrated, as it creates problems for packaging for
distributions.

-- Edd