[gnome-bluetooth] Sending SMSs from python

Nicholas Piper nick-gnomebluetooth at nickpiper.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 22:57:14 BST 2004

Hi,

I got the latest debian packages working - I had to add the bluez
debian repository and temporarily remove my preference for 'testing'
from the apt preferences. I also struggled until I discovered from the
mailing list that phonemgr-applet had been renamed :-)

I have a PIM application I'm writing in Python/GTK2; at what level
should I integrate SMS sending with the gnome-bluetooth system?

Is an appropriate API already available (or nearly) in Python? Should
I try communicate with the applet, or maybe use libbtctl's python
bindings directly?

I *think* while the phone is linked with gnome-phone-manager, it
probably won't talk to much else; so I should go through that somehow.

 Nick

--
Part 4 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F