BUGBUG: Recieving messages with special characters (was: Re: [gnome-bluetooth] [phone-manager] sending sms with special letters in it + feature request)

Henrik Persson nix at syndicalist.net
Wed Jun 23 00:07:54 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 20:08, Kim Schulz wrote:
> hi,
> When I send an sms message with Danish letters (æ ø å) in it, then it
> shows as a weird character on the mobile that recieves the message.
> Is there a way to set this?
>
> I know that you are working on adding dashboard support and other stuff,
> but could you please add a send-to history so that I dont have to type
> in a number every time I sent to it. Maybe like a dropdown or in a way
> so that I can associate a name with a number.

I found a kind of nasty bug. If I recieve a message with the letters åäö
in it the messagebox will be empty.

Console output:
** Message: SMS message received
** Message: Got message +46708XXXXXX | 1087945237 | I ett litet h\xe5l
** Message: Type of message: SMS message
Message type: SMS-DELIVER
SC address: '46708000708'
More messages to send: 1
Reply path: 0
User data header indicator: 0
Status report indication: 0
Originating address: '46708XXXXXX'
Protocol identifier: 0x0
Data coding scheme: default alphabet
SC timestamp: 06/23/04 01:00:37 (+0000)
User data length: 15
User data header: 0x
User data: 'I ett litet h\xe5l'

(gnome-phone-manager:17086): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktextbuffer.c: line
557 (gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert): assertion `g_utf8_validate (text,
len, NULL)' failed

--
Henrik Persson <nix at syndicalist.net>