[gnome-bluetooth] Problem sending and receiving data as an unpriviliged user (gnome-bt-0.5.1 and 0.4.1)

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Wed Jun 23 22:51:20 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 21:42 +0200, Jan wrote:
> Hi Edd,

Please keep the list CC'd.  I really can't answer every question
personally.  There are people on the list with more experience of
different distros than me, too, so they may be able to help.

> thank you for your answer, my only problem with rfcomm is, that i do not
> have any rfcomm devices. Until yesterday i used the "gnome-obex-send
> --dest=fo:o file" command, experiencing the same problem. So where could
> the Device be to chmod (today i tried to configure rfcomm and chmooded
> it to 777, but with no success (device doen't support receiving
> objects)). sending as root does work like a charm anyway

It really sounds like your Bluetooth setup isn't configured properly in
terms of permissions.  But you'd need to tell us which distro you were
running and so on before we could be of much more help.

-- Edd