[gnome-bluetooth] [phone-manager] missing text in incoming mcoming messages.

Richard Torkar richard.torkar at htu.se
Wed Jun 23 23:16:13 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 22:11 +0100, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 21:02 +0200, Kim Schulz wrote:
> > I have udev up and running but have never used it. How do I do this?

If you have udev running on your system then all you should need to do
is to:

a) Make sure that (this is on Gentoo) the file /etc/udev/permissions.
d/50-udev.permissions contain something like this:

rfcomm[0-9]*:root:tty:0666

b) And if needed do a:
modprobe rfcomm

During bootup immediately before the kernel hits the runlevel, and all
the green [OK] starts to show up, a message should be displayed such as:
'configuring system to use udev'
'using /sbin/hotplug for udev management'

/Richard