[gnome-bluetooth] future of gnome-phone-manager

Nicholas Piper nick-gnomebluetooth at nickpiper.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 10:29:02 BST 2004

Hi Edd,

What are your plans for gnome-phone-manager? I'm thinking in terms of:

 * incoming call notification (popup, xmms pause, etc.)
 * cell phone proximity tracker (xscreensaver)
 * signal strength monitoring
 * MMS
 * tracking call durations (collect from phone once per day?)

If you feel these are appropriate features, I might start on
investigating how to implement them. (I'm still looking for a suitable
method to integrate my Python/GTK2 PIM with gnome-phone-manager by the
way---to send SMS messages, and eventually provide phone book features
to lookup names for incoming calls/messages.)

 Nick

--
Part 4 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F