[gnome-bluetooth] future of gnome-phone-manager

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 13:36:53 BST 2004

Nicholas, list

> What are your plans for gnome-phone-manager? I'm thinking in terms of:
>
>  * incoming call notification (popup, xmms pause, etc.)
>  * cell phone proximity tracker (xscreensaver)
>  * signal strength monitoring
>  * MMS
>  * tracking call durations (collect from phone once per day?)

I got excited recently by some software on SF then I realised it was for
the wrong OS, it does seem more advanced than the features offered by
the available utilities on linux. Maybe have a look and see if there are
any GUI designs worth copying or any features good enough to copy.

    http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm

    (just take a look at the screenshots)

It's not often that I wonder what it would be like to run windows apps
but this one seems really useful.

-Cam