[gnome-bluetooth] Updates and status?

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Fri May 7 11:56:34 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 10:34 +1000, Robert Foster wrote:
> Well, this is all looking very promising:)  Do we have a timeline for
> BlueZ libs and utils 2.8?
>
> And also, do we know the status of the Gnome-Bluetooth project?  It's
> been a while since I've heard anything about this :)

I'm getting ready to leap into action again.  I'm presenting on the
status of the project at GUADEC, so I need to make sure there's progress
to show!

The current state of play is that I'm moving the OBEX support into
libbtctl.  It should be possible to instantiate an ObexServer object,
and hook up a couple of signals.  That will then be enough to use OBEX.
It's taking some time as libopenobex isn't terribly straightforward.

This work will then be used in the gnome-obex-server program, so we
don't have a crashy OBEX server any more.

Then I'll tidy up the prefs a bit and make a release.

In other words, expect a release equivalent in features to what we
currently have, but without Bonobo and with a hopefully more reliable
OBEX implementation.  Oh, and with Python and Mono bindings. And with
some API docs, too.

I'll also then sync PhoneManager up to this new API, and maybe add in
support for evolution-data-server.

-- Edd