[gnome-bluetooth] Ubuntu + IBM Laptop + Bluetooth

Pere XFSI pere.xfsi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 01:02:38 BST 2005

Hi,

I'll begin to use the bluetooth connection possibilities on my laptop.

I'm using Ubuntu Hoary 5.04 on an IBM R51 Laptopt, with integrated
bluetooth.

Ubuntu seems to recognize it.

With lsmod | grep bluetooth I get:

bluetooth              46340  4 rfcomm,l2cap

I think this mean bluetooth has been detected by the kernel/system and
activated. Isn't it? But the bluetooh on the laptop does not go up.

I've installed gnome-bluetooth and bluez utils.

When i execute Bluetooth Manager I get an error : "Could not find
Bluetooth devices in the system".

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Pere Pie