[gnome-bluetooth] (no subject)

Andrew Couture relics_rage at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 10 04:47:22 BST 2005

Pere Pie said

>>snip
bluetooth              46340  4 rfcomm,l2cap

I think this mean bluetooth has been detected by the kernel/system and
activated. Isn't it? But the bluetooth on the laptop does not go up.

>>snip

Hi Pere

On my laptop I have to hit 'FN F2' to start it. Also, in the bios, there
is an option to select;

1 bluetooth always off
2 bluetooth started by 'FN F2' or by an external program
3 bluetooth started by an external program

(think I got it right)

Have you checked the bios options for bluetooth, and is there a keyboard
way to start bluetooth?
The hardware will almost always be recognized by the kernel
eg for example un-configured sound card/modem/usb mouse.

relic