[gnome-bluetooth] Development and Progress?

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Sat Apr 16 11:54:34 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 16:02 +0200, martin at hyperion.ath.cx wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is there a current information on the projects' development-progress?
> Especially gnome-bluetooth is of interest as the integration-structure
> in gnome 2.10's nautilus has changed from bonobo integration to
> plugin-adaption.
>
> It has been quite a long time since the last release of gnome-bt and due
> to many changes in gnome the question is certainly important.

The long and the short of it is this: I'm still interested in developing
this software, but my professional and personal life is not allowing me
much time in which to do it.

Therefore, contributions from savvy hackers are very welcome.  Bastien
Nocera is currently active on the project, and he's guiding things in
the right way.

So right now, I'd say that the state of the project is that help's
needed, and patches are very welcome.  Myself and Bastien will act in a
guiding capacity as to where to take things.

Urgent TODOs include:

 * completing the manager tool
 * bring the suite up to date with latest GNOME and PyGTK releases
 * evolution addressbook integration for gnome-phone-manager

-- Edd

--
Edd Dumbill, Chair, XTech 2005 -- http://xtech-conference.org/
More from me on my weblog -- http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog