[gnome-bluetooth] Ubuntu + IBM Laptop + Bluetooth

martin at hyperion.ath.cx martin at hyperion.ath.cx
Sun Apr 17 23:08:25 BST 2005

Have you checked, that your bt-subsystem is correctly working?
hciconfig hci0 should tell your, that your hci-dev is up and working,
otherwise perform a hciconfig hci0 up.

Was does hcitool let you do?
Do a hcitool scan and see if it finds devices. If yes, gnome-bluetooth
should, too.
If not check that your hci-dev is correctly loaded by checking the
kernel-devices (hci_usb or something, l2cap etc.).

Which bluez-libs/utils are you using?

Start gnome-bt from a console at see if it reports any errors.